Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy birthday to Brandon... again!

We hosted a very small family party for Brandon's birthday today. My sad little attempt to get a family picture was mostly thwarted by the wind and the fact that Bailey's resolve to run away into the street was surprisingly strong. The lack of a tripod made it even more of an adventure.

Stu managed to get one shot with my setup before Bailey ran away again... all subsequent attempts were completely unusable (unless Miss. Bailey Angry Face is a good look for a family portrait). I snapped a few of Tabitha and Brandon, too -- these turned out better than the group shot.

Click the images for slightly larger versions on my flickr. :)






These were my first real shots using my complete off camera lighting setup. I am loving the results of adding off camera flash. I think it really has the potential cause a bit of an addiction to buying lighting gear! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrea, what lighting equipment did you use for these shots? They turned out really nice!
thanks,
-Matt

Andrea said...

Thanks... pretty sure it was just one 430EX with a white shoot through at camera left. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Andrea. Go Canon! haha. You do nice work, keep it up!