Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bellies and Babies...

I attended Bellies and Babies yesterday in Milwaukee and I really need to mention it. I am so encouraged and motivated now. I'm obviously no stranger to WOM marketing and I can't say that the core of the information was new, but she packaged her information in such a way that it really just makes you feel like you can conquer the world.

I also met another super fun local photographer who I think (hopefully) really meshes with me personality-wise. I am so excited to print up some marketing materials to send out to local moms and moms-to-be. I hope that she and I can get together and shoot bunches of kids and babies to build our portfolios together.

I also attended a lighting class tonight at a really awesome local camera store I *just* discovered a couple weeks ago. The class itself was somewhat uneventful, but I was so pleased to find that they stock the few things I needed to get my off-camera lighting up and running.

I have a REAL shoot on Monday with Brian's former boss and her kids. I am so excited to shoot this adorable young lady and her brothers -- they are older and will certainly have a longer attention span than my own kids. And now I even have off-camera lighting to help me out a bit (even if it is still just a single light).

In the next post I need to share some new photos taken in the last few days.

No comments: