Sunday, August 24, 2008

Word from GM

I do have to mention that back in the end of July, after a particularly heated conversation with GM's insurer, a shiny new 2009 Cadillac SRX was delivered to me through Enterprise. After driving that minivan for more than 3 weeks, I was over the novelty. I was pleasantly surprised that she was willing to see it my way and help me get a comparable rental while they continued their investigation into my car fire. It really hurts to write out a check for a car payment when that car is sitting in a dealer's parking lot.

It has now been another month (making the entire process 2 1/2 months so far) and I have finally heard from GM. Surprisingly... they are going to fix my car. No kidding! I have to laugh when I think about this entire process and how much easier it would have been had they simply agreed to do the right thing way back in June.

I can only imagine the money that they've spent on 8 weeks of rentals, investigators, engineers, attorneys, and insurance adjusters just to come to a conclusion that was absolutely inevitable. No, I did not set my car on fire and yes, they really need to pay to fix it.

The dealer says I may have my car back as early as the end of next week!

No comments: