Sunday, May 18, 2008

Came home from the grocery store...

... and I found this.




I made dinner in silence. I'm paying for it now. It's almost 4am and Bailey is showing no signs of slowing down. Getting her back on schedule will be my first project as soon as everyone here is over the killer cold that Brandon brought home last week.

I'm finally getting to see how sharp my Tamron lens can be when it's not wide open in low light (where it doesn't excel like the 17-55 does). Did some stuff with flash tonight to test a new flash bouncer I'm going to make now that I've worked out the pattern.

Some of the random shots I took while testing. Nothing special, just seeing what it could do with no light.







Just one more week of school. This week we really NEED to get Brandon early and run him over to what we hope will be his new school. If he feels good about it, it's a go. One more thing checked off the list.

Still conflicted about the pros and cons of church membership and the idea of jumping through the hoops of converting to a new denomination when I know it doesn't change one single thing about what I believe. What's the advantage? Lower tuition? Not a big deal -- it's a steal compared to Rock Prairie. A sense of belonging for Brandon. A very good thing, indeed. But at what cost? The commitment to a new church and the guilt of inevitably falling short of my obligation to the church, maybe to the detriment of Brandon's good standing. So much pressure.

No comments: