Sunday, July 6, 2008

Why yes, it is 3:16am and...

... that is Bailey sitting next to me in her high chair eating black bean soup and rice. Sleep creep again. One bad night leads to a late morning and then another late night. I am almost positive that it would not kill this child to sleep on a regular schedule for more than a week at a time, but I can't say with 100% certainty. More research is required.

We had a really nice day celebrating my birthday with the family in Antioch. I absolutely love showing up with prints and coming home almost empty-handed. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it means something to me. It means something to have these people in my life who care about us enough that they want to fill their homes and their albums with images of my children and moments that I captured.

Tomorrow, I want to drive around aimlessly with my camera. Brian just walked in the door and he'll be back in the air on Tuesday -- I need just a bit of Sunday for me. I will make the best of this city, no matter how much I would rather be somewhere else. It's not New Jersey and the people we love are here. I need to remind myself of that as often as possible.

No comments: