Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hey honey, how's Myrtle Beach?

Brian's job is sooooo rough... Myrtle Beach this week, Atlanta next week... just off playing with toys and making people happy. If I believed in reincarnation, Brian would be my shining example -- that man must have done something pretty darn good in a past life to deserve the one he's living now.

I've been working a little more with off camera flash and it's all still kind of fuzzy, but since I can't bounce off the ceiling or walls in this house (green walls, people), I practiced bouncing off of some of the only neutrals in the house -- the kitchen blinds. Half of them are neutral, at least. We won't discuss the green ones they put over the sink.

Hard to focus in a self portrait, sorry... but I think the lighting worked well.

Breakfast with the kids. He's so focused on her.




Sometimes he looks like such a young man, but in this picture he really still looks like a baby to me. Almost 6... SIX!




And my self portraits... a haze over both because the focus wasn't perfect, but really... not possible.







AND... Happy Birthday to Me! It doesn't really bother me, but I do find it kind of funny that I'm spending my birthday here while Brian parties in Myrtle Beach and my mom is off enjoying 2 weeks in Europe! I treated myself with a sugar free iced coffee and I ate some potato chips -- the real kind.

Oh... I should also add that GM came through after TWO WEEKS and got me a rental car. How generous of them. I have no word on how long it will be before they inspect and make a decision about my car, but until them I am enjoying a stylish white minivan. I miss my car, but something about a minivan is just so neat. It's so easy to get the kids in and out and I do love the space.

No comments: